Friday, November 2, 2012

Alien Bad Guy Space Robot

Tristan decided he wanted to be a robot for Halloween this year. He is pretty obsessed with robots, alien robots,and evil bad-guy robots. So I started scouring Pinterest for ideas. There were plenty out there, and I put together several ideas I liked. First, I made him a bodysuit out of shiny material. I looked at dryer venting, but1. it was expensive, and 2. it looked uncomfortable. When I was a teen I made a quick robot costume out of a silver plastic sweat suit (literally- it was suppose to be futuristic material that made you sweat off the weight) so I know the body suit idea would work. I also made a cardboard sandwich board for my costume, and that seemed easy enough to copy. I then doctored it up with my own ideas and Pinterest ideas. I used a great jet pack idea, mainly. I then added battery powered lights and drew dials and glued on knobs (lids).
Tristan wanted a head, and oddly a bucket had shown up in my yard some time ago. So I pulled out the bucket and it was perfect. I cut the handle off to be antenna, and I added a glow stick. I also tied glow sticks to the bottom of his jet pack, with limited success. Presto, the kid was very happy with his robot costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment